18 July 2012

Review: Imagine OS AIO Diapers


The newest additions to my fluff stash, I simply couldn't resist when Imagine launched their new products recently and ordered one each of the AIO and the pocket diapers to try out. 

Description: The Imagine AIO consists of a waterproof PUL outer, lined with a colour matching bamboo/rayon terry mixture inner. The diaper comes with colour matching snap-in insert, made of the same bamboo/rayon terry mixture. This diaper is one-size and features a snap down rise and either velcro or snap closures around the waist. 

First impressions:  I love the look of this diaper, especially the bright, cheery colours and the matching interior colour.  The velcro seems strong and durable at first glance and I love the stretchiness of the PUL and the natural fibres touching baby's bum. Even though it is rated to fit until potty training, it seems to run small. [Rating: 4/5] 



Ease of use: The velcro closure and stretchy PUL makes this diaper super easy to put on and off and as there is no insert to remove, it really is as easy to use as a disposable. The snap-in soaker can be removed after washing to reduce drying time, which I find to be a very useful feature. [Rating: 5/5]  

Fit: This diaper is cut fairly small and I don't see it lasting until potty training or very long at all on a bigger baby. A isn't a very big baby, but she barely fits into this diaper on the middle rise setting at 8.5 months. The diaper fits nice and snug (but not too snug) around her waist and thighs at the moment and looks great on, I am just concerned that it won't last until potty training as it is cut so small. A side-by-side comparison to their pocket diaper shows clearly how small this diaper runs.  [Rating: 4/5] 

Imagine OS AIO interior - bamboo terry
Value for money: This diaper is excellent value for money, especially considering it contains natural fibres which are generally more pricey and is an AIO. I haven't used these very long yet, but the velcro looks to be very durable, my only concern would be sizing, as mentioned above, which could mean that you'd have to spend  more money on diapers if/when your baby outgrows these. [Rating: 4/5] 
Performance: The bamboo insert is very absorbent, yet trim and we have never had any leaks with this diaper during the day. I have not tried these for overnight. [Rating: 5/5] 

Overall impression:  I really like the Imagine brand, and this diaper is no exception. I'm a bit worried that we won't get as much use out of this diaper, due to the fact that it runs so small, but on the upside, I would imagine that they'd start fitting much earlier and might even work on a bigger newborn, so that's a plus point again. I love the ease of use - they really are a no-brainer - and would highly recommend them to anyone. [Rating: 4/5] 
A at 8  months & 8.5kg in the Imagine OS AIO
Imagine diapers are stocked exclusively by Nicki's Diapers, and yes, they ship to South Africa! Like Imagine Diapers on Facebook to be the first to know of any specials or new product offerings. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. A the time that these photos were taken, A was 8 months old and weighed 8.5 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.