05 July 2012

Review: Mother Nature AIO Diaper


When I spotted these limited edition hand painted diapers from Mother Nature Products, it was love at first sight. I knew I wanted one, the question was just which one to order, since they were all so cute! In the end the decision was made for me when the lovely folks at Mother Nature offered to send me one free of charge to review. I was secretly happy when I saw it was the rainbow print - it is gender neutral so I'll be able to use it on future kiddos too. WIN!

Description: The Mother Nature AIO nappy is a OS diaper featuring a snap-down rise and snap closures around the waist. An extra long tongue-like soaker made from a super-soft bamboo/cotton terry blend is attached to the inside of the diaper with snaps - you can fold it to customise absorbency where you need it most. The outer shell is waterproof and made of breathable PUL with a stay-dry inner lining.



First impressions: The design of these diapers are super cute and the limited edition hand painted ones are even more adorable. I love the wide range of new colours that these are available in too. The bamboo soaker is deliciously soft and squishy, but seems somewhat bulky at first glance. I would guess that it would be great for a heavy wetter. Love that natural fibres will be touching A's bum. [Rating: 4/5] 

Ease of use: These are very easy to use and are perfect for those who are not familiar with cloth diapers. The only way they would be more user-friendly is if they came with velcro closures. I like that there is only one row of snaps to close around the waist - this makes them easier to use for people who are not as familiar with cloth diapers (babysitters, etc). It is an AIO diaper, so the entire diaper comes on and off in one go and there is nothing to stuff/unstuff - great for moms on the go. I like that you have the option of detaching the snap-in soaker though - this allows for speedier drying times as you can toss the soaker into the tumble dryer and just line dry the outer shell.  [Rating: 4.5/5]  

Fit: Looking at the soaker (which is fairly thick), I thought these diapers would be very bulky on, but this is not the case. They fit nice and snugly around her waist and legs and her bum doesn't look much different in it than in other diapers I have. It's certainly a lot less bulky than the Mother Nature fitted diaper. I was worried about wing droop given that there are no hip snaps, but the diaper stayed on securely, with no sagging. [Rating:4/5] 
Value for money: These diapers are on the higher end of the spectrum price-wise, but looks to be very durable, so would easily last through a few kids. This makes them great value for money in my opinion.They also contain natural fibres, which is always more pricey than synthetic. These diapers are also very versatile - you could detach the inner soaker and use the outer shell as a diaper cover over your fitteds or prefolds. The limited hand painted diapers are a little more pricey, but considering each one is hand made (and the cute factor of course!), I would gladly pay it. Obviously you wouldn't build an entire stash of limited edition diapers, but it's nice having one or two to show off your little one's bum in! [Rating: 4/5] 



Performance: These are pretty absorbent considering they are an AIO, which are usually considered to be less absorbent than a pocket or fitted diaper. We have not had any leaks with them so far, which is quite impressive considering they haven't even reached full absorbency  yet(it takes a few washes). The soaker can take long to dry if you're line drying, but I usually just detach it and it dries in one cycle in the tumble dryer.  [Rating: 5/5] 


Overall impression: I am very impressed with these diapers! I wasn't such a big fan of their fitteds, but the AIOs I would definitely want more of. They are modern looking, come in great colours and they work wonderfully. The limited edition hand painted ones are simply gorgeous and the perfect way to win over the cloth diapering skeptics. [Rating: 4/5] 


You can buy the Mother Nature AIO Diaper directly from Mother Nature Products or see their website for other stockists. You can also find them on Facebook -> they currently have a competition running where you could win a hand painted diaper of your choice! 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I received a limited edition AIO from Mother Nature Products for purposes of this review, however I was not compensated for my review and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. A the time that these photos were taken, A was 7 months old and weighed 7.5 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.