01 August 2012

Review: Imagine OS Pocket Diapers

A at 8 months and 8kg in her Imagine OS pocket diaper
The newest additions to my fluff stash, I simply couldn't resist when Imagine launched their new products recently and ordered one each of the AIO and the pocket diapers to try out. 

Description: The Imagine pocket diaper consists of a stretchy waterproof PUL outer with a microfleece inner lining. The diaper comes with a one-size snap-to-size microfiber insert.  This diaper is one-size and features a snap down rise and either velcro or snap closures around the waist. 


First impressions:  I love the look of this diaper and the great colours it is available in.The velcro seems strong and durable at first glance and I love the stretchiness of the PUL. The fleece lining is silky soft and I bet it would feel great on A's bum. The pocket opening at the back gapes a little, I would've preferred a flap covering the insert to ensure the microfiber insert can't accidentally touch baby's skin. [Rating: 4/5] 

Ease of use: The velcro closure and stretchy PUL makes this diaper super easy to put on and take off. As with other pocket diapers, the insert needs to be removed before washing and stuffed into the pocket again before using, so that takes a few extra minutes. [Rating: 4.5/5]  


Fit: This diaper has a full coverage cut, similar to the Imagine diaper covers, but doesn't look bulky at all. To give you an idea, A wears this on the smallest rise setting at 9 months and 8.5 kg. I think this would comfortably last until potty training and is also a great choice for a bigger baby. A side-by-side comparison to their AIO diaper shows the size difference. [Rating: 5/5] 

Value for money: This diaper is excellent value for money, you just can't beat the price for a well-made pocket diaper, unless you buy the cheapies from China. [Rating: 5/5] 

Performance: We have not had any leaks with this diaper, though I have not tried them for overnight use. The fleece interior cleans very easily and the pocket shell dries in no time. The laundry tabs for the velcro closures work very well - I have never had them come undone in the wash. The velcro is really strong compared to other diapers I have and I think it would hold up really well with use. [Rating: 5/5]



Overall impression:  I really like the Imagine brand, and this diaper is no exception. I love the fit of these diapers, the ease of use (gotta love that stretch!) and how durable the velcro on these seem - they are one of my current favourite diapers and TheHusband loves them almost as much as his beloved Bumgenius diapers - plus they're a fraction of the cost! An excellent stash builder. [Rating: 5/5] 

Imagine diapers are stocked exclusively by Nicki's Diapers, and yes, they ship to South Africa! Like Imagine Diapers on Facebook to be the first to know of any specials or new product offerings. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. A the time that these photos were taken, A was 8 months old and weighed 8.5 kg.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marisa. These look great and love the designs on Nicki's site. Do they really ship to SA and what is the ave cost of the shipping? Is it worth it compared to buying local diapers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shipping depends on the total weight of your order. From experience that is about $12 - $14 for one pocket diaper and about $18 for two diapers. So the more you order, the cheaper the shipping will be per item. You can add items to your cart on their website and calculate shipping to South Africa based on the contents of your cart before placing your order, so that will give you a good idea of what you're in for.

      Delete
    2. Great! Thanks so much.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.