12 September 2012

Review: Green Scene Fitted Diaper


I'm pretty much sold on fitted diapers with covers (either wool or PUL) for night-time diapering.  Green Scene was recommended to me by a fellow cloth diapering mom on an online forum, and when saw their cute prints I just had to have one!

Description: The GreenScene fitted diaper consists of a stretchy knit outer, with plush organic bamboo velour inner and two snap-in soakers made of the same luxurious fabric. This diaper is one-size and features a snap down rise and snap closures around the waist. Different patterns are available with either a  serged (overlocked) or turned and topstiched finish. These diapers are also available as a hybrid fitted version - a layer of fleece is sandwiched between the cotton knit outer and the velour inner. This makes the diaper slightly more waterproof, so you can go coverless around the house (and show off that cute print!), but you'll still need a cover to be completely waterproof.

First impressions:  I looooove the cute prints that these diapers come in - if I could have a different print for each day of the week, I'd be pretty happy! The diaper feels super soft and squishy and looks to be extremely well made. TheHusband even commented on how nice the inner velour feels. The colour coordinating snaps are a nice touch. [Rating: 5/5] 



Ease of use: The stretchy knit and super soft fabric makes the diaper very easy to fit onto baby. The inner soakers are attached with snaps, so there is no stuffing involved, it's as easy as snap on and snap off. You could also opt  to leave the soakers permanently snapped in, the only difference will be in the drying time of the diaper. As with other fitteds, you have to remember to add a cover to make it completely waterproof, which adds an extra step to the diapering process. [Rating: 4/5]  

Fit: We get a great fit with this diaper - it is somewhere between full coverage and a slim fit. It is on the bulky side*, though because the diaper is super squishy, the bulk bothers me less than it would with a stiffer fabric. The only complaint I have with regards to fit is the snap down rise on the front of the diaper adjusts via just two columns of snaps instead of the more common three columns. This sometimes causes the diaper to pooch out a bit in front. [Rating: 3.5/5] 


Value for money: Green Scenes are fairly pricey (especially if you convert to rands!), but not more so than other WAHM diapers of the same type and quality. The knit outer fabric does fade with washing, but this is normal for knits. It is definitely not in everyone's budget, but I would say it's good value for money especially for use as a night-time diaper as you'd only need to buy two to three to get by. [Rating: 3/5] 

Performance:  I bought this diaper primarily to use overnight and I put it to the test immediately (without even fully prepping it!), hoping and praying that it wouldn't leak. I did not have to worry - this diaper has killer absorbency! After 12 hours overnight, only the wetzone was wet to the touch. The rest of the diaper was either dry or just slightly damp. To compare, other fitteds I have tried for overnight are usually completely soaked in the morning. As a fitted, I expected this diaper to take very long to dry, however it seemed to dry faster than some of my other fitteds, so that was a pleasant surprise. [Rating: 5/5]



Overall impression: I am completely in love with this diaper for overnight use. It is the most absorbent diaper in my entire stash and is well made with excellent quality fabric. To top it all off, they come in a huge selection of adorable prints. Definitely not an everyday diaper at that price, but I strongly recommend them for overnight use. [Rating: 4/5] 

*Note the hybrid fitted (pictured) is slightly bulkier than the regular fitted due to the extra layer of fabric.

Green Scene diapers are available on Hyenacart, though do note the owner is currently on an indefinite break so no current stock available. You can find used or NIP (new-in-package) Green Scenes on Spot's Corner as well as in the B/S/T group on facebook. Like Green Scene Diapers on Facebook to be the first to know of any specials or new product offerings. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. A the time that these photos were taken, A was 10 months old and weighed 9 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.