19 September 2012

Review: Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 AIO



Description: The Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 AIO consists of a waterproof PUL outer and cotton inner with an attached soaker, also made of cotton.  There are pocket openings on both ends, allowing you to add extra absorbency to the diaper if needed. These diapers are sized, which means you'll need to buy different sizes as your baby grows. They fasten with snaps on the sides instead of in front and feature stretchy side tabs. 

First impressions: The prints that these come in are seriously cute! Being used to one-size diapers, I couldn't believe how small and trim this diaper looked at first glance and I actually wondered if it would fit A. The cotton interior and soaker is deliciously soft and seems to quilt up nicely in the wash. The side snaps and lack of rise snaps gives this diaper a very sleek appearance in front.  [Rating: 5/5] 



Ease of use: To use these, you just slip the soaker into the pocket opening provided, or you can choose to lay it on top of the inner lining instead. Either way, you'll have only natural fibres touching your baby's delicate skin. I expected to have some difficulty the first time I used the side snaps, but they were actually really easy to use. I actually think they allow for easier diaper changes, especially when you have a baby like A that wants to roll All.The.Time. while changing her diaper. The side snaps and stretchy tabs also makes it much easier to put a diaper on A while she is standing up - WIN! [Rating: 4/5]  

Fit: These fit like a dream. Having tried many diapers on A over the past few months, I can honestly say these are the best fitting, trimmest diapers she has ever worn. The trimness and clean look is due to the side snaps and the fact that these diapers are sized perfectly for each size. [Rating: 4/5] 



Value for money: These diapers are averagely priced when compared to other AIOs - the difference is that these are sized, so you have to buy more when your baby outgrows the current size. This means you will spend more money overall than with a one-size stash. On the flip-side, the diapers are used for a shorter period of time and so will show less wear and tear, which means you can sell them at a higher price when you are finished using them.  [Rating: 3/5] 

Performance: I love how absorbent the Swaddlebees simplex is! When I changed A, the diaper was only slightly damp and this was after almost three hours. I'm sure she easily have gone another hour, which makes it a great option when you're out and about and unable to change a diaper that often.  [Rating: 5/5] 



Overall impression: I have not tried many  AIOs, but so far the Swaddlebees is my hands down my favourite. I love the pattern selection and I love how trim and sleek this diaper fits. I'm a big fan of natural fibres against A's bum and love how absorbent this diaper is. I do wish they were slightly cheaper though especially since I also have to take international shipping costs and import duties into account. You do get what you pay for though and I think that these are a fantastic addition to any stash. Personally I definitely want at least one or two more!  [Rating: 4/5] 


You can buy the Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 from various online retailers in the US. Like them on Facebook to be the first to hear of new products. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. A the time that these photos were taken, A was 11 months old and weighed 9.1 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.