26 November 2012

Woven Wrap - Hip Carry


This is one of my favourites and is the carry I use probably about 80% of the time with A. The rest of the time I alternate between the hug hold or a back wrap.

I love that this carry is so compact and I have a soft spot for front carries as it allows me to interact with A while wearing her. I though my days of her falling asleep in a front carry was over until I discovered this particular carry - she falls asleep within minutes when it's close to her nap time.

This is similar to a hip carry using a sling, but it adds waist support to shift some of the weight off your shoulder, making this a much more comfortable carry and far easier on your back as well.

I made a quick video explaining how I tie it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.