08 February 2013

Review: Cherub Tree OS AIO Diaper


These limited edition AIO diapers caught my eye with their super cute cow print - who could resist! This was my also my first foray into the world of AIOs.

Description: This diaper is one-size and comes only in velcro closures. It features a snap-down rise (three settings) with a PUL outer, microsuede inner and two soakers consisting of two layers of soft bamboo fleece with a layer of microfibre sandwiched in between. One soaker is attached to the front edge, while the other snaps in at the back, allowing you to customise absorbency as needed. Note the soakers are not stay-dry.

First impressions: The cow print is definitely a big drawcard! The diaper is cut exactly the same as the Cherub Tree pocket diaper and the bamboo fleece soakers feel nice and soft. I like that you have the option to unsnap one of the soakers if you want to. The waist panel (where the velcro is attached) feels a bit stiff, but this is due to the velcro used. [Rating: 4/5] 



Ease of use: These are fairly easy to use - you just overlap the soakers on the inside (if using both) and fasten with the velcro. Where the velcro is attached, the waist panel is slightly stiff, which, while it isn't a huge deal when putting the diaper on, is something you have to take into account. Since it's an AIO, there is no stuffing and un-stuffing - the diaper goes straight into the wash after use.  [Rating: 4/5]  

Fit: I love how nice and trim these are. They are cut smaller than some other OS diapers  which is not a problem for A, since she isn't a very big baby, but may present a problem if you have a big waisted or chunky-thighed kiddo.  [Rating: 4/5] 



Value for money: These were selling at a special price of R120 when I bought them, which I think is very good value for money, especially for an AIO. They are well made and the velcro is better quality than most, which means that it'll hold up longer. The only concern would be the sizing if your baby is above average in size. [Rating: 4.5/5] 

Performance: We have had no problems with this diaper. It washes up great and doesn't stain easily either - always a plus point! The bamboo fleece soakers take a little longer to dry, though not as long as other natural fibres, I found. I was initially a bit weary when I saw that these didn't come with laundry fold-over tabs for the velcro (to prevent diaper chains forming in the wash!), but I just affix them to the interior lining and that works great - they've never come undone in the wash. [Rating: 5/5] 



Overall impression: I love the trimness and the slim fit of this diaper and I love love love that cow print. An AIO I'd definitely recommend. [Rating: 4/5]

These are not currently available to purchase, but I was informed that Cherub Tree might consider stocking them again in future. They have also indicated that they might release the cow print in their popular pocket diaper series - so keep your eyes peeled for that! In the meantime, you can check out their website for their great range of products and also like them on Facebook to be the first to know of any promotions etc.

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. A the time that these photos were taken, A was 15 months old and weighed 9.5 kg.

Further disclaimer: A was chosen as the Cherub Tree face of 2013 a while ago but that fact did not influence this review at all and this diaper was paid for by myself and put to the test several months before the competition. 

4 comments:

  1. I only have the cherub tree pocket nappies (velcro). I love the hemp inserts. Do you perhaps know where one can buy the hemp inserts separately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mommy Bee - As far as I know Cherub Tree doesn't sell the hemp inserts seperately. They do however sell a bamboo/hemp blend trifold which can also be used to add extra absorbency. I am busy testing one at the moment, so look out for the review on that coming shortly.

      Delete
    2. Just got new information from Cherub Tree - hemp inserts will be available to buy seperately from the middle of 2013.

      Delete
  2. I bought the 5 pack trifold boosters and I love them. I've recently used one with the mothernature nature nappy at night and I find them to be leakproof! I'm thinking that they will be useful for the toddler stages :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.