02 August 2013

Review: Fishnoodles Solo Luxe AIO Diaper


Description: Fishnoodles is the previous name of the brand currently known as Peachy Green. The Solo Lux AIO consists of a PUL waterproof outer lined with pure cotton on the inside. It comes with a snap in bamboo soaker which snaps into the back of the diaper. The diaper features a side snapping waist closure with two snaps on each side to adjust leg opening and waist size seperately. The Fishnoodles AIO is a sized diaper and so there are no rise settings.  

First impressions: I love the satin-y soft exterior and girly hearts print of the diaper pictured. You can see the attention to detail that went into the sewing of this diaper - from the colour coordinating snaps to the little ruffle waist and gentle rolled elastic gathering at the leg openings. The diaper has a very sleek appearance owing to the lack of rise snaps and side-snapping closure. I love that the design of the soaker allows you to fold it to customise absorbency for either a boy or a girl.
[Rating: 4/5] 


Ease of use: This diaper is pretty easy to use, simply snap in the soaker and put it on your baby/toddler. As it is a sized diaper, there are no rise settings to adjust. The lack of stretch didn't 'cause fit issues for us, though I still do prefer a little bit of stretch for ease of use in putting the diaper on a squirmy toddler. When you take the diaper off your baby, no dis-assembly is required, you can simply throw the diaper as is into the pail. Drying time wasn't too bad, considering only natural fibres are used for the interior lining and soaker. The design of the soaker and the fact that it can snap out makes for a much quicker drying time than other natural fibre AIOs. I love that the diaper doesn't become crunchy when line drying - an issue I have with most other natural fibre diapers.  [Rating: 4.5/5]  

Fit: Fishnoodles gives a snug, sleek fit around A's waist and legs, though the lack of stretch might be a problem for some people.  I'm also not sure how well these would fit on chunkier babies/toddlers as they are cut on the smaller side. The ruffles at the back waist looks super adorable on, while the front tummy panel is sleek, making for an excellent fit underneath jeans and leggings. I love the rolled elastic around the legs, they are very gentle and never leave any marks around A's legs. These are some of the trimmest diapers I have and definitely my first choice when I need a non-bulky option for a specific outfit.  [Rating: 4.5/5]  


Value for money: These are on the pricey side and especially so if you consider that they are sized and so you would need to buy different sizes as your baby grows. For what you pay, you get a pretty good diaper, but the price (and added shipping if you're not in the US) will be off-putting to many cloth diaper users. Of course, there are always b/s/t groups and Spot's Corner if you don't mind buying pre-loved (that's what I did!). I can say that these hold up really well over time - I bought mine used and have used them for a few months now and I see zero signs of wear and tear, so that is a plus point. [Rating: 2.5/5] 

Performance: I found these needed to be changed more regularly than other diapers I have, which makes sense, considering the trimness. I did go a bit too long between changes once or twice (2.5 hours or so) and A's pants got wet around the side-snapping closures where the wetness wicked out. For this reason I wouldn't recommend this diaper for heavy wetters or going on trips outside the house where you might not be able to change as frequently. I did not test this diaper overnight, but given my experience with daytime usage, I don't think it would hold up all night long. Note that hemp boosters are available for purchase on the Peachy Green website, which would obviously make a big difference in the level of absorbency. [Rating: 3/5] 

Overall impression: Fishnoodles is a great daytime diaper, especially if you want to show off the cute prints or need something to wear underneath jeans or other trim fitting clothes. I love how trim they are and the fact that only natural fibres touch A's bum. I wish they were a bit more absorbent, but it's a price you pay for extreme trimness. They are definitely not a stash builder due to price and level of absorbency, but it's nice to have one or two in your stash as show-off diapers. [Rating: 3/5] 

Fishnoodles are no longer available, but have been rebranded as Peachy Green and are available directly on their website, Peachy Green Diapers.  Like them on Facebook to be the first to hear of new products and prints. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I purchased this diaper myself and was not compensated in any way for the review. All opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, A was 20 months old and weighed 10.5 kg.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.