21 November 2013

{Newborn Fluff Series} Newborn Diaper Wishlist for Baby J

Clockwise from top left: Imagine newborn cover (Rawr), Blueberry mini coveralls (Messy Hands), Bummis Super Brite (Blue), Blueberry mini coveralls (Owls)
My cloth diapering game plan for the newborn stage with baby number two will be very similar to what I used with A. 

Prefolds and covers will make up the majority of my stash (they are the most cost effective and fantastic at containing messy ebf poo), but would like to try some newborn AIOs this time around too. With A I used Thirsties covers exclusively, so I would love to try a few other brands next year to see how they compare in fit and function. 

And of course I will be blogging about my experience, with detailed reviews of the different brands. 


I currently have:

24 Imagine prefolds, size newborn (for the first month)
24 Imagine prefolds, size small (when baby outgrows absorbency of newborn prefolds)
6 Thirsties Duo Wraps, size one (some gender neutral and some girly prints)
1 Bumgenius newborn AIO
3 Alva newborn AIOs 
1 Hippie Safari fleece soaker, size small
Various receiving blankets (I intend to use these as flats to supplement my prefold stash, in anticipation of longer drying times in autumn/winter).

Clockwise, from top left: Thirsties Duo Wrap (Mud), Imagine Stay dry Newborn AIO (Emerald), Thirsties Duo Wrap (Blackbird), Imagine Stay dry Newborn AIO (Indigo)
On my wishlist:

1 Thirsties Duo Wrap, size one - in Blackbird or Mud ($8.58 for old-style aplix)
1 Imagine Stay Dry AIO, sizenewborn - in Indigo or Emerald ($8.95)
1 Imagine cover, size newborn - in Rawr ($8.50)
1 Bummis Super Brite cover - in Blue or Green ($12.65)
1 Blueberry mini coveralls cover - In Owls or Messy Hands ($14.95)
1 Imagine Bamboo fitted, size newborn - in Indigo ($11.95) 

I will be keeping my eyes peeled for good deals on some of the above in the upcoming Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales that the US retailers offer, so if you know of any upcoming sales, please give me a shout!

Which newborn diapers have you tried or would you want to try? 

1 comment:

  1. I have been using the Earthbabies range for my baby, it is basically a little cloth nappy that looks like a disposable and works so well, Keeps all the NB pooh in and washes and dries easily. I am happy to give you one...they are used with any old cover, I have even used Cherub tree covers on them hehe!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.