01 April 2014

Review: Mother Nature Potty Training Pants

,

Description: The Mother Nature Potty Training pants are sized cotton underpants with a sewn in absorbency (layers of their signature bamboo towelling) and a layer of PUL in the wetzone. There are no snaps or other fasteners, they simply pull up and down like regular underwear. These potty training pants are available in a wide range of bright colours.

First impressions: I absolutely love the happy bright colours - the fuschia (pictured here) and turquoise is particularly attractive. I love that it looks just like regular underwear - when A wants to wear a panty, these fit the bill perfectly as she does not see them as diapers. The cotton is nice and soft and overall I like the nice simple design. [Rating: 4/5] 

Ease of use: These are very easy to use - simply pull up or down to put on or take off. What I love about them is that A is also able to easily pull these up or down; she sometimes struggles with other more padded training pants.  In case of a accident, simply take off and put in the laundry basket. Poopy accidents are a bit more of a mission to clean up, as you have to pull the training pant down your toddler's legs, which can get pretty messy. These potty training pants take a fair amount of time to dry - especially in the wetzone area (because of the sewn-in absorbency). [Rating: 3.5/5]  

Fit: The size small is a really nice fit on A and fairly trim throughout. The broad elastic at the waist gives a snug but comfortable seal and it fits perfectly around the legs as well - no chance of any messes escaping. [Rating: 4.5/5] 

Value for money: While these work really well, you do have to change the entire thing in the case of an accident, which can work out fairly expensive in the early stages of potty training when your toddler is still having a lot of accidents. Having said that, these are average price when compared to other potty training pants available locally. [Rating: 3.5/5] 

Performance: I'm pretty happy with the performance of these training pants - they contain both poo and pee, although you shouldn't expect them to contain more than one pee or large volumes of it. They do exactly what you would expect from a potty training pant though. I have not tried them for overnight and would probably only do so much later as A is still nowhere near potty trained and pees like a racehorse at night.
 [Rating: 4.5/5] 

Overall impression: I'm very impressed with these and love that they are locally produced. The bright colours are really eye catching and make them fun for your toddler to wear. They do everything they're supposed to, fit really nicely and I like the fact that my toddler can easily manage them by herself. There is no bulk, so they are really nice underneath clothes as well. [Rating: 4/5]

Mother Nature potty training pants are available directly from their website or via their various resellers.

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper, was not compensated in any way for my review and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and A, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, A was 2 years old and weighed roughly 13kg.

1 comment:

  1. I also love these trainers! They gave me peace of mind during potty training my son when we had to go out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.