16 May 2014

{Newborn fluff} Review: Grovia Newborn AIO

Grovia newborn AIO on J at 3.5kg and 54cm
Description: The Grovia newborn AIO diaper is an all-in one diaper consisting of a TPU (waterproof) outer with a fleece interior lining. The absorbent insert is attached to the diaper at the top and consists of an organic cotton/hemp topped with fleece.  The diaper closes with snaps around the waist and has two rows of snaps in the front to adjust the rise, so it is able to grow a bit with baby. 

First impressions: No doubt about it, Grovia's prints are awesome. Besides the super cute prints, the PUL is great quality and I love the unique bigger snaps. The fleecy interior is nice and soft. This diaper is just so tiny and cute it's hard not to fall in love when you first lay eyes on it. I like the ruffled leg edges and the hemp blend soaker seems like it would be really absorbent. [Rating: 4.5/5] 

Grovia newborn AIO on J at 3.5kg and 54cm
Ease of use: These are super easy to use - just fasten onto baby. No stuffing, folding, snapping in or unstuffing required. The only way this would be easier to use would be if it had Velcro.  The only thing you need to adjust is the rise snaps, but with only two options, there isn't a lot of guesswork there. Being an AIO and natural fibre it did take a bit longer to dry than some of my other diapers, but not extremely so. [Rating: 4/5]  

Fit: We started cloth diapering J from two weeks old and the Grovia newborn AIO fit perfectly right off the bat on the smallest waist and rise settings. In fact it was the first cloth diaper that graced his little butt. J weighed 2.2kg at that point and was 46cm long, quite skinny for his length. I was able to get a perfect fit around his little chicken legs in the Grovia newborn AIO. At 5.2kg they still fit J on the biggest rise setting. This was one of my favourite fitting newborn diapers on J - I just love how trim it is and those ruffled leg edges just look super cute on. [Rating: 5/5]  

Grovia AIO on J at 1.5 weeks old, 2.2kg and 47cm
Value for money: These are in the mid-to-high range in terms of price for a newborn AIO. I think they are worth the money considering the wide range of sizes it fits - we were able to use these for about 8 weeks until J started outpeeing them. I consider J to be an average wetter. Size wise, they still fit him at 11 weeks and 5.2kg, so if he was a light wetter we'd still be able to use these.  [Rating: 4/5] 

Performance: These worked super well until around 2 months when the absorbency was no longer a match for J's output. Before that we had zero pee or poo leaks, often going up to 3 hours between changes as J slept so much at first. I was worried that the ruffled legs might not contain the famously runny ebf poo, but it turns out my fears were unfounded and all the mess stayed inside the diaper. 
[Rating: 4/5]


Grovia newborn AIO on J at 3.5kg and 54cm
Overall impression:  These were one of my favourites during the first two months - both for the super cute look and for functionality. I would have them as part of my stash again if I had to do it all over again. I am also super in love with this print and will have to make a plan to get my grubby paws on the OS version of it.  

Grovia diapers are available from local resellers Little Sam's. Like them on Facebook to be the first to hear of new products and prints. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I bought this diaper at regular retail price, received no compensation for my review and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, J was between 1.5 and 11 weeks old and his weight ranged between 2.2kg and 5.2kg. 


Grovia newborn AIO on J at 2 months old, 4.8kg and 56cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.