27 November 2014

Review: Eco Nappy Solutions Waterproof Nappy Cover

 
Description: The Eco Nappy Solutions Waterproof Nappy cover is a cover designed to be used over flats, prefolds and fitteds. It is made of a single layer of PUL with a wipe-able interior. Inside there are flaps at the front and back to keep an insert, trifolded prefold or padfolded flat in place.  The cover fastens with snaps around the waist and features hip snaps to ensure no wing droopage. This is a one-size cover featuring three rows of rise snaps on the front to adjust the rise as baby grows.

First impressions: This affordable cover comes in a great range of pretty prints and I just couldn't resist this lovely geometric print for J. The PUL seems to be good quality and very stretchy. The flaps on the inside remind me of the Flip system, but in my opinion these flaps are actually nicer as the back one is a little longer with a binding on the bottom edge to keep it in place. The cover seems generously sized, with a nice wide crotch and I love the look of the colour coordinating snaps. Some of the snap placements seem a bit off though and I did notice the top seam was not stitched evenly. This is purely cosmetic though and only obvious on close inspection.  [Rating: 3.5/5] 


Ease of use: The flaps on the inside make these very user-friendly for those new to cloth as you can simply lay an insert inside and fasten the cover onto your baby. In this way the cover functions like an AI2, giving you the freedom to use any insert you choose or even padfolded flats or trifolded prefolds. When the insert is wet, simply remove and use another insert. You can also choose to use this cover over snappi'd prefolds or flats or even fitteds. In between uses I like to wipe the interior and air out the cover. When the cover is soiled, simply place in your nappy bucket, ready for wash day. I have had no hassles with washing these and because of the single layer of PUL they dry super fast. This makes them ideal for hand washing (eg when on holiday) too. [Rating: 4/5]  



Fit: The stretchy fit makes it easy to get a great fit using these covers and the generous crotch width means they fit well over a variety of absorbent diapers - even bulky fitteds. At 9 months and 8.5kg J is still on the smallest rise setting, the second and third hip snaps and with a snap open on the waist, so there is still lots of room to grow. It fits equally well over inserts, trifolded prefolds, padfolded flats, snappi'd flats and fitteds. I have not tried it over snappi'd prefolds as our prefolds are currently too small to snappy on J, but I'm pretty sure the Eco Nappy Solutions cover would fit well over that as well. The elastics around the legs are gentle, yet snug and I like that the flaps stay put inside and don't scrunch up or move around.  [Rating: 4/5] 

Value for money: These are very affordable and an excellent option for those on a budget. The fact that they are one-size and can be used over a variety of different diaper types makes them even better value for money. Definitely a good buy!  [Rating: 5/5] 

Performance: We have used this cover during the day and at night and it has not let us down once - it keeps everything that is supposed to stay inside, inside and we have had zero leaks. Even runny poops does not escape this cover. [Rating: 5/5] 


Overall impression: What a great cover! I'm really impressed with the nice stretchy PUL, great prints and excellent fit. I love the versatility afforded by the interior flaps and how well priced it is. I find myself reaching for it quite often and would definitely add another one to my stash.

You can buy the Eco Nappy Solutions Waterproof Nappy Cover directly from their website Like Eco Nappy Solutions on Facebook to be the first to hear of new products and prints.

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I received this diaper free of charge for purposes of review, but did not receive any compensation for it and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, J was 9 months old and weighed approximately 8.5kg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.