19 May 2015

Flats Challenge 2015 - Day 6: Favourite folds


There are so many ways to fold your flat diapers, I'm pretty sure there's at least one you will fall in love with.

I went into this challenge using predominantly Origami fold (or its variation Happy Anteater which provides for a trimmer fit around the legs) and Padfolding. My aim was to try out a bunch of different folds during this week, but I only ended up trying two other folds. Kite fold was okay, though I think better suited to an older/taller baby as it can give quite a tall rise. 

Neat fold, as its name suggest ends up looking quite neat and I quite liked the look of it with the bottom part folding over the two wings and pinned on each hip. Like my favourite side-snapping diapers, this fold and variation gives a nice sleek fit across the tummy, which looks really nice. 

I still find myself falling back on Origami fold the majority of the time though. It provides maximum absorbency right in the wet zone and since I've done it so many times now, it is the quick and easy to fold without really thinking too much. Heck even TheHusband managed to fold a terry origami style the other day (just from watching me fold it a few times) and snappied it onto J perfectly. I either jelly roll the legs in for a snugger fit or use the Happy Anteater variation of this fold to get a nicer fit around the legs. 

Padfolding is reserved for daycare or out & about usually - it's very user friendly, quick and a great option for cloth diapering newbies. 


Padfolded flats in covers


This is part of a 7-day series of blogposts for the 2015 Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge. Learn more about the challenge and what it entails over at Dirty Diaper Laundry. Check out my other posts in the series over here - Flats Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.