16 May 2016

{Flats Challenge 2016} Day 1 - Why am I taking the challenge?


It's that time of year again - the annual Dirty Diaper Laundry Flats and Handwashing challenge is here!

I've participated in the challenge on two previous occasions (2013 and 2015), so it's become something I look forward to every year. We also did a local flats challenge in November 2015 as part of the second birthday celebrations of the South African Cloth Nappy Users group on Facebook. 

So at this point for me it won't really be a personal challenge as much as raising awareness which I intend doing via blogging this week as well as posting on Facebook and Instagram. It will also quite possibly be the last challenge I am able to participate in before J potty learns, so there is also some nostalgic reasons for participating as the first challenge I started out with my first child. 

I am not anticipating any issues - there is some rain forecast for this week (always a possibility this time of the year where I am), but I've dealt with rainy weather during the first challenge and got through it. If all else fails I'll just iron the flats to speed up the drying process. 

I will be trying to vlog throughout this week - this is something new for me, so please bear with me in terms of any technical issues and video quality. 

So let's do this!




This is part of a series of posts for the Handwashing and Flats Challenge. You can find the rules on the Dirty Diaper Laundry blog

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that we'll get to follow along with videos!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.