01 February 2017

Review: Pokkelokkie Side-Snapping Fleece Cover

 

Description: The Pokkelokkie Side-Snapping Fleece cover is designed to be used over flats and fitteds. It is made of a double layer of polar fleece with cuffed waist and leg bands. These covers are sized (small, medium, large and x-large) and fastens with two sets of three snaps on each side to adjust to the perfect fit.

First impressions:  I love the concept of a side-snapping fleece cover (but then, it's no secret that I like side-snapping nappies!). Sewing is neat, though the finish would've been a little neater if the side seam under the snaps was sewn down completely.  The fleece itself is soft and squishy and at first glance the sizing seems quite generous (also refer fit below).  [Rating: 3.5/5] 



Ease of use: There might be a slight learning curve if you're not yet used to side-snapping nappies, but all in all it's pretty straight forward to use. Simply lay baby on the cover, and fasten the three sets of snaps on each side. I personally find a fleece cover with snap closure easier to put on over a bulky fitted than using a pull-up cover. When taking it off you can either air it out for re-use or place in your dry bucket until wash day. Drying time is pretty quick, which always helps if you have a small rotation of nappies or during the rainy season. [Rating: 4/5]  

Fit: As is typical of fleece covers, these are less stretchy than PUL or fleece and for this reason I appreciate the fact that you can adjust the cover to fit slightly smaller or bigger where you need it via the side snaps. For example you could adjust the legs smaller with more room in the bum area if you have a lean legged toddler wearing a bulkier night fitted.  I tested the size x-large, which is a perfect fit on my almost 14kg 35 month old. He is on the leaner side and it fits well over fitteds on the biggest snaps and over flats on the smaller set of snaps. The waist and leg bands are fitted without being constricting (we've never had an issue with marks) and I like that the rise comes up nice and high - a must for a night nappy cover in my opinion. [Rating: 4/5] 

Value for money: These are well priced and will fit into most budgets. Having to buy bigger sizes as baby grows is something you have to keep in mind though. [Rating: 4/5] 



Performance: No issues whatsoever with this cover - the double layer of fleece really does the trick! I've had pretty wet nappies underneath and the cover was not even damp on the outside.  [Rating: 5/5] 

Overall impression: This cover ticks all the boxes - budget friendly, great fit and effective. I love the breathability of fleece covers for night time, though I will reach for this cover during the day as well if I want to air out J's bum a bit. Kerryn's service is great and her enthusiasm is infectious, the cherry on top of a great product. 

You can buy Pokkelokkie products directly from their website. Join the Pokkelokkie group on Facebook to be the first to hear of new products and prints.


Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I received this diaper free of charge for purposes of review, but did not receive any compensation for it and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, J was 33 months old and weighed approximately 13.6kg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.