16 May 2017

Review: Mom's Happy Nappy SIO


Description: The Mom's Happy Nappy SIO consists of a waterproof PUL outer, micro suede interior and a snap-in insert. The snap-in insert is sandwich style with the middle snap-in one a snake-style (extra long) insert. The insert is made of layers of hemp fleece and cotton fleece and topped with a stay-dry micro suede fabric. This diaper has three rows of rise snaps on the front to adjust the sizing and two rows of waist/hip snaps to adjust the fit around baby's waist and hips. 

First impressions: This WAHM has fantastic attention to detail - stitching and snaps are placed perfectly and finishings are ultra neat. Her prints are unique and this rainbow chevron immediately caught my eye. I love rainbows, I love chevron - I clearly needed this print.  This nappy seems very trim and a slightly smaller than average OSFM cut. [Rating: 4.5/5] 


Ease of use: This nappy is simple to assemble - snap the snake insert onto the sandwich insert and then snap that into the waterproof shell. The snake insert can be folded over to provide maximum absorbency where your baby needs it, so for us we fold over in front to focus the extra layers in the front. When taking the diaper off, simply put it in your pail, no need to unsnap the insert. I do unsnap the inserts to speed up drying time though. Drying time is about average for a SIO, with the shell drying fairly fast as there are no absorbent layers to hamper drying time.  [Rating: 4/5]  

Fit: This nappy fits J like a glove and while he is on the biggest rise now (at 3yo and 15kg), there is still some room to grow in the waist. It's a pretty trim fitting nappy and I like the double row of snaps because it means you can adjust the legs/hips and waist seperately. [Rating: 5/5] 


Value for money: These are incredibly well priced considering they are handmade by a WAHM with good quality fabrics. [Rating: 5/5] 

Performance: This nappy holds up perfectly for J during the day. He is on the lighter side in terms of output though. We did not test it for overnight use. I did some absorbency tests and the nappy can absorb roughly 280ml which is fairly good going for a day time nappy.  This means it should hold up for medium and even heavy wetters, though depending on how heavy a wetter you have you may need to add a booster. [Rating: 5/5] 


Overall impression: Mom's Happy Nappy SIO is a quality nappy - great fit, absorbency and craftsmanship and a great price tag too. Definitely a must-try in my opinion.

You can buy Mom's Happy Nappy products directly from their website. Join their Facebook group to be the first to hear of new products and prints.

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, J was 3 years old and weighed approximately 15.5kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.