08 June 2017

Review: Poopsy Daisy Snuggle Daydreamz


Description: The Poopsy Daisy Snuggle Daydreamz nappy consists of a cotton velour* exterior, hidden softshell layer and hemp* interior lining. It comes with a double petal snap-in insert and T-panel booster (backed with softshell) with the option to add additional booster inserts. The top insert is topped with cotton velour* as well. The nappy features a fold down rise which enables you to adjust the fit to your baby and fastens with snaps around the waist. There are three snaps on each wing as well as two crossover snap settings to make the waist smaller for a younger baby. 

* This can be substituted with organic bamboo velour 

First impressions:  This nappy is super squishy and soft with velour interior and exterior - even more so if you upgrade to the bamboo velour inside and outside. Even hubby commented on how soft it is. I love the monochrome appearance of the matching snaps and stitching. Workmanship overall is neat. For purposes of this review I tried the regular cotton velour version with standard inserts (which includes a t-booster) as well as the bamboo velour upgrade with extra boosters. The standard set of inserts already seems like it would do pretty great in terms of absorbency.  [Rating: 5/5] 

Ease of use: These are fairly straightforward to use, though if you purchase all the extra inserts you may get a little confused about how it all fits together, especially if you are new to this type of nappy. Depending on how heavy a wetter your baby is, you may even be able to use this nappy coverless, which makes it a one-step solution. When you take the diaper off, you can simply pop it directly into the diaper pail - no inserts to unstuff or unsnap and no laundry tabs to worry about. As is typical for natural fibres, this diaper does take a while to dry. The type of fabrics chosen will also influence drying time - eg the hemp interior will take longer to dry vs the velour interior. [Rating: 4/5] 


Fit: These fit my son well, though adding all the extra inserts does affect fit and can make it harder to get a good seal around the legs. If your baby has chubbier legs this shouldn't be an issue though. I also found that the nappy is a little less stretchy with the t-booster snapped in, though we still get a good fit. All photos shown here were taken with the t-booster snapped in. The yellow nappy is the cotton velour with standard set of inserts, while the white is the bamboo velour with additional inserts. You can see the additional inserts adds a little extra junk in the trunk.  I feel like this is a slightly bigger cut than the PD hybrids, no doubt to accommodate the additional inserts.  [Rating: 3.5/5] 

HOBV Snuggle Daydreamz with insert upgrades

Value for money: These aren't budget nappies by any means. However the fabrics used are of a high quality and this nappy does deliver in terms of absorbency. You get a quality, luxurious product in exchange for a higher price point. 

Performance: In terms of absorption, these nappies deliver. My son can go coverless at night with only the standard inserts. From absorbency tests I did, the standard inserts alone can absorb up to 410ml and if you add the absorbency of the hemp shell it goes up to about 560ml. The additonal upgrade inserts can add another approx 150ml. (I must add a disclaimer here that my additional inserts have not really been used as my son doesn't need it, so they have not been fully prepped. So my absorbency number here may be wrong). As you can see this nappy should hold up even for heavy wetters overnight, though I would recommend you use a cover just in case. [Rating: 5/5] 
Left: Snuggle Daydreams with hemp interior and standard set of inserts (double petal + t-booster)
Right: Snuggle Daydreamz with HOBV and  insert upgrades. 

Overall impression: I love that this is a one-step solution for night time for us as we can go coverless. The velour exterior and interior on these are buttery soft, I just love the feel of it and the pretty bright lime shown here never fails to brighten my day. If you are struggling to find a night solution that will hold up, I would definitely recommend trying out the PD Snuggle Daydreamz.

You can buy Poopsy Daisy nappies directly from their website. Like them on Facebook too so you can be notified of new products, prints and offers.

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission. I paid regular retail price for one diaper and received the other free of charge for purposes of this review. I was not compensated in any way for this review. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. J was 39 months old and approximately 15.5kg when these photos were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.