04 August 2017

Review: Poopsy Daisy Cotton Fleece Fitted


Description: The Poopsy Daisy Cotton Fleece fitted consists of two layers of cotton fleece for the shell, with a cotton fleece sandwich petal shaped insert that snap into the shell and snap in booster. Finishes can be customized to your preferences - I chose side-snapping, snap-down rise with a rainbow serged (overlocked) edging, contrasting snaps and a machine rainbow heavy organic bamboo velour (hobv) top layer on the petal insert. The snap-down rise has four size settings and there are five snap settings on each side for the waist and hip/leg adjustments. 

First impressions:  I love the simple look of these - a pure white nappy with pops of colour for the snaps, stitching and insert toppers. I'm a sucker for side-snaps and love the neat look it offers. Paired with the serged edges it gives a trim appearance to this nappy, though the shell and inserts look pretty thirsty. [Rating: 5/5] 

Ease of use: Being a true fitted (there is no hidden water resistant layer), these do require a cover on top, making it a two step system. While it may take a minute of two extra to add the required cover, the nappy itself is pretty straightforward to put on. Simply snap in your inserts, adjust the rise if needed and fasten around baby's waist. In terms of drying time these do take a fair amount of time to dry, which is something I've come to expect from natural fibres. I would say they are similar to hemp fleece in terms of drying time. [Rating: 3.5/5] 

Fit: We get a nice snug fit on the waist, legs and all around with this nappy. My son (weighing 16.3kg and 103cm long for size reference) is currently on the biggest rise setting, though there is still room to grow in the waist.  While I don't find the fit overly bulky on my son, I think it would be a bit bulky on a smaller baby. You could remove the booster to reduce a little bulk if needed and if baby is not a heavy wetter.  [Rating: 4.5/5] 



Value for money: These are part of the WAHM's new budget friendly essentials range and I find them great value for money in terms of the fit, absorbency and look. A good intro to WAHM nappies for the more budget conscious cloth users. [Rating: 5/5] 

Performance: Absorbency wise this nappy performs very well. According my absorbency tests it can absorb roughly 560ml, making it an excellent option for medium to heavy wetters at night. It still looks good as new after more than two months of heavy rotation in our stash. [Rating: 5/5] 



Overall impression: This is another great nappy from Poopsy Daisy - it has a great simple look, is budget friendly and gives great bang for your buck in terms of ease of use and absorbency. Definitely one to try if you are looking for a good night nappy option. 

You can buy Poopsy Daisy nappies directly from their website. Join their Facebook group too so you can be notified of new products, prints and offers.

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission. I paid regular retail price for this diaper and was not compensated in any way for this review. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. J was 103cm long and weighed 16.3kg at the time these photos were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.